How to find the right day care near you
Are you looking for day care near your work? I know it’s stressful to find because you don’t wanna put your child at risk. You want somewhere safe, nurturing and educational.
In this article we discuss about how parents find the childcare that works. Below are the processes we outlined
- Identify your priorities – Decide what you want. Are you looking for a day care near your work? Or would one closer to your home be more convenient? Write down a list of potential sites that you think will be good.
- Do some research – Ask around to find the most reputable day care. You can ask your friends and family for references. You may use google in searching or yellowpages.
- Visit and interview– Ask daycare center directors and caregivers and home daycare providers about everything from hours, fees, and vacation schedules to philosophies on child-rearing issues like discipline, feeding, and sleeping. Get a schedule of the day’s activities and the center’s policies. Pay attention to your gut feeling and how the director or caregiver handles the questions.
- Check references – Put on a list of each day care past and present references and call them. Ask other parents on how they rate their care (though centers and providers arent likely to refer you to people who weren’t happy with them), still hearing some opinions and advises will help you choose.
- Test it with your Kids – Come back and visit for a while with your child. You’ll want to see how he and the caregiver interact and if he seems comfortable in the center’s environment.
- Get on the waiting list- If the daycare of your dreams isn’t available, don’t despair. Putting yourself on a waiting list almost guarantees you’ll get in at some point – even if it isn’t precisely when you need it. And be sure to ask the daycare for recommendations of other similar places.