Advantages of Daycare for Toddlers
What are the advantages of Daycare for Toddlers?
Most of all moms are working outside so they need a help from someone else every work day. A quality daycare program can give you the reliable childcare you need and also be good for your child’s health – and yours as well. Moms who choose high-quality child care tend to be more involved in their children’s schools. And kids who attend high-quality day cares reap the benefits decades later. High quality child care appears to provide a small boost to academic performance, perhaps by fostering the early acquisition of school readiness skills.
It’s no surprise that finding a good daycare is a prime concern; for many families, it’s a safe, affordable option that allows kids to socialize and learn in a loving environment structured around their needs.
The advantages of day care that you need to know
- Continuous care: Most child care centers offer care from the early months of infancy through toddler hood, and sometimes even beyond.
- Education: A well-organized program is geared to your child’s development and growth.
- Socialization: Your baby will get lots of face time with other little ones.
- Cost: If you’re planning to go back to work and need someone to watch after your child while you’re away, daycare tends to be less expensive than hiring a nanny.
- Reliability: Most centers stay open for about 12 hours to support a variety of parent schedules.
- Specific to group daycare: Staff is trained and licensed. And because there’s more than one caregiver, there’s always a sub.
- Specific to home daycare: There are fewer children than you’d find at a group daycare center — which may mean more personal attention and less exposure to illness.
- Social development: Children who attend high quality child care tend to be better cognitive, better school readiness such reading, writing and number skills.